Waimea Canyon & Fern Grotto Tour
Experience the very best of Kauai! See the famous Waimea Canyon and enjoy a trip up the Wailua River with a visit to the mystical Fern Grotto. Here you will hear a memorable rendition of "The Hawaiian Wedding Song". Tours are conducted by friendly, knowledgeable guides on comfortable air-conditioned mini-buses.
See Waimea Canyon and Wailua River, Hanapepe Valley, Spouting Horn Blowhole at Poipu on the south shore and historic old Koloa which is where sugar production started in Hawaii.
Other stops and sights include the Poipu Resorts, Queen Victoria's profile, Russian Fort, Nawiliwili Harbor, Birth Stone, Coco Palms Grove, and Opaekaa Falls.
Transportation and Pick-up Time: Roundtrip transportation from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu hotels. The length of this tour is approx. 9.5 hours long from Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu. Pickup is approx. 7:30 am but the exact time of pickup will be emailed to you depending on where you are staying.
Waimea Canyon and Wailua River Tour
Old Koloa Town
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Princeville Pick-ups: You will be picked up by a smaller bus between 7:00 - 7:15 am and transferred to the larger tour bus once reaching the central/southern side of the island. Your exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Lihue, Wailua, and Poipu Pick-ups: You will be picked up between 7:30 - 9:00 am depending on hotel location. YOur exact pick-up time will be emailed in your confirmation based on your hotel.
Returns at approximately 5:00 - 6:00 pm.
- A sweater and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Due to the elevation of the Waimea Canyon, you are not permitted to go to the canyon if you have been scuba diving within the last 24 hours.
- Special Notes:
- Exact pickup time from hotel will be emailed to you.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 9-11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Minimum of 6 people for tour. Mini Bus holds 25. Large bus holds 52. Depends on how many people booked the tour.