Big Island Grand Circle Island Tour
On this circle tour, you will discover why they call Hawaii "The Big Island." Tours are conducted in comfortable, air-conditioned mini-buses with friendly and knowledgeable drivers. This trip delivers the beauty and grandeur of the archipelago's namesake island, which happens to be bigger than all the other major islands combined. You will see black sand beaches, rain forests, agricultural plains dotted with plantations, and more. Tour Highlights:
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum*
- Mauna Loa Volcano (seen in the distance)
- Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park* (known as the “Place of Refuge”)
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* (lunch on own) – views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from steam vents; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center*
- Hilo Town, King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Rainbow Falls*
- Return to Kona via famous Saddle Road (with views of many volcanoes)
*Denotes tour stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
Black Sand Beach
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
Approx. 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Pick-up is provided from main Kona hotels. The exact pick-up and return time depends on the location of your hotel and will be specified in your confirmation email.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Mondays and Thursdays
- 13 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Big Island