Haleakala, Central Maui and Iao Valley
Journey to nearly the top of Mt. Haleakala, a dormant volcano. See beautiful Iao Valley and Iao Needle. You will cover Maui from its beautiful wild and natural side to the convergence of historical and modern day island culture. Tour with friendly and knowledgeable drivers in comfortable air-conditioned mini-buses.
These Maui Land tours allow you to go from the highest point of the island to one of its lowest. Begin with a scenic, narrated tour to the Visitor's Center of Mount Haleakala Crater at 9,740ft. Next it is on to the Iao Needle deep in the lush Iao Valley State Park. You will visit the picturesque town of Wailuku and flower farms and fields of both pineapple and sugarcane.
Highlights of Magnificent Maui Haleakala-Iao Valley-Central Maui Tour: Kula District, Kaahumanu Church, Haleakala National Park (includes admission), Iao Valley State Park, Iao Needle, Flower farms, Pineapple & sugarcane fields, Wailuku Town
- Kula District
- Kaahumanu Church
- Haleakala National Park (admission is included!)
- Iao Valley State Park
- Iao Needle
- Upcountry luncheon stop (no host)
- Flower farms
- Pineapple and sugarcane fields
- Wailuku Town
Haleakala Visitor Center
Iao Valley Mountainside
Rare Silversword Plant
- Where and When:
- Pick ups range from 6:00 am to 7:45 am depending on your hotel location. The exact pick up time will be in your confirmation email.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- No host lunch en route.
A sweater and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Operation Days:
- 8.5-9 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours