Begin your journey visiting spectacular Akaka Falls. Sink your toes in the black sand at Richardson’s Black Sand Beach before heading to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation and witness ancient craters at the sprawling Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Enjoy an included take-out picnic lunch from Millie’s Deli. Peer into the depths of Halema'uma'u Crater, which has remarkably doubled in size since the recent 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Watch steam clouds form as groundwater seeps into hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road and gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook, where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Drive through the formerly tsunami-stricken city of Hilo and down Banyan Drive and drive past Liliuokalani Park and Gardens on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (park admission included)
- Volcano House for breakfast buffet (not included in tour price)
- Halema'uma'u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitors Center – educational exhibits and park information
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – panoramic coastal and lava field views
- Akaka Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Drive through Hilo town
- Drive along scenic Banyan Drive
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Picnic lunch from Millie's Deli