Big Island Volcano Adventure
- Stop at Rainbow Falls
- Stop at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Stop at Kilauea Visitors Center
- Stop at Steam Vents
- View Halema'uma'u Crater from the Volcano house
- Drive parts of the Chain of Craters **starting Dec. 3rd guests can briefly stroll down part of Devastation Trail
- Stop at Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Pu'u Pua'i, Luamanu, & Puhimau Crater
- Stop at Kealakomo Overlook
- Stop at Lava Rock Cafe (no host lunch)
- Stop at Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory or Big Island Candies
- See parts of Hilo Town like Richardson's Black Sand Beach, Liliuokalani Gardens, & the King Kamehameha Statue
Polynesian Adventure Tours offers you a Volcano Adventure Tour on the Big Island. Visit Steam Bluffs, Volcanoes National Park, Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater plus more.
This true Volcano adventure tour gives you a rich cultural experience and an exciting view of nature at work. A scenic ride through gardens and waterfalls gives way to the austere vistas of dormant volcanoes, lava beds, steam vents & craters. Guides will share stories of Pele, ancient Hawaiian goddess of the volcano. This opens way to many other Hawaiian stories as well as volcanic artifacts you will find at Jagger Museum and Kilauea Visitor Center at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Mother Nature is unpredictable but you may be able to catch a glimpse of active lava flows from Kilauea which has been erupting since 1983. Even if you don’t see active lava flow, the panoramic views will leave you awestruck.Tour Highlights:
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (park admission included)
- Volcano House for breakfast buffet (not included in tour price)
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitors Center – educational exhibits and park information
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Devastation Trail – walk down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – panoramic coastal and lava field views
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Visitor Center
- Akaka Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Drive through Hilo town
- Drive by King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Drive along scenic Banyan Drive
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Where and When:
- Pick-up only from Hilo hotels and Hilo Airport.
Pick-up is at approximately 8:15 am with return at approximately 7:00 pm.
- Not suitable for participants with asthma or other respiratory diseases due to possible exposure to fumes.
- Special Notes:
- Please wear sturdy walking shoes and bring a light sweater.
- Operation Days:
- Wednesday & Friday
- Approximately 11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Big Island